Description: The "mwsbar.dll" is usually associated with the ‘My Web Search’ toolbar that is often downloaded and installed with quite a few free products. ‘mwsbar.dll’ is what is known as a "browser helper object" and is something that's installed into Internet Explorer by the ‘My Web Search’ toolbar.
Possible Issues: If it is causing any problems, highlighted by error messages suggesting that a problem that you are suffering is caused by the ‘mwsbar.dll’, the first thing to consider is whether you actually need or use the toolbar or not.
If not, then get rid of it, and that will more than likely solve the problems.
Incidentally, the toolbar itself may be using one of several names, as follows:
- My Web Internet Search Bar
- My Web Internet Search (Smiley Central)
- My Web Internet Search (Outlook Express, Outlook, or IncrediMail)
- My Way Internet Speedbar (Smiley Central)
- My Way Internet Speedbar (Yahoo and also AOL Instant Messengers)
- My Way Internet Speedbar (Outlook Express)
- Web Search Assistant - My Way
- Web Search Assistant or My Web Search
Also, be aware that My Web Internet Search is often flagged by some anti-spyware utilities as a spyware program, even though it is not. Run your anti-spyware software and it may well pick up any defects that ‘mwsbar.dll’ is currently suffering from.
Recommendation: The bottom line is, do you need the toolbar or not? If not, the best thing is to get rid of it.
If you do need (or want) to keep it, run a complete registry scan of your machine with our tool and then use the software itself to fix all of the registry errors that it highlights.
In all likelihood, included amongst these errors you will find the mwsbar.dll problem that is causing you Internet Explorer problems.
*We Recommend You Scan Your System To Repair mwsbar.dll
The free scan will:
- Locate & Fix Problematic DLL Files
- Locate & Fix Shared DLL problems
- Clean Your System Registry & Rid PC Errors
- Increase Your PC Speed Up To 300%
Below are the most requested DLL files from our library. This list changes often and is kept up to date.
||Top DLL File Requests: